[lazarus] new not correct working things

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Feb 24 07:25:48 EST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:11:45 +0100
Jens Arm <Jens.Arm at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > 3.  The Tab-Width-Combo in the Editor-Options don't work.
> > >     It doesn't react to clicks and you cannot edit directly.
> >
> > Perhaps, because the combobox is disabled.
> > Does your theme not show, that it is disabled?
>
> The component is normal shown.

There is another disabled combobox in the keymappings (scheme).
Does it look disabled?

> > > 7.  Does this pretty UNIX-Cut-and-Paste over the middle-Mouse-button
> > >     working in the Editor? I MISS IT :(:(:(
> >
> > Works fine for me.
> > The question is, does the middle mouse button come to synedit, or is the primary selection out of order.
> > What happens, if you select some text in the source editor and do a mid-mouse click?
>
> Works.

Ok, the internal cache works.

> > What happens, if you select some text in the source editor and do a mid-mouse click in a terminal?
>
> Works.
>
> BUT -> From terminal to the source editor it DON'T work

So, the internal cache works and aquiring the primary-selection also. The synedit gets the middle mouse button. The bug seems to be an incompatibility of the clipboard format.
Can you copy from another editor? e.g. gedit?
If not, then plz activate in gtkint.pp the
{off $DEFINE DEBUG_CLIPBOARD} to {$DEFINE DEBUG_CLIPBOARD}
and recompile the lcl.
Write a small lcl application with the line
PrimarySelection.AsText;
And send me the output.

> > > 8.  What formats can the TImage-Component display/decode at the moment?
> >
> > xpm. But the TImage relies on TGraphic, which is currently only a gtk-specific workaround. When I finished the nice-to-have source editor functions, I will improve that. I think, the LCL should handle bmp, xpm and ico format. Hopefully I will manage to get it compatible enough, to use all the Delphi graphic units. Can't say, when it will be available. Hopefully in two months.
>
> jpeg/png would be nice, too. They are handled be Kylix, too.

And many more.
But not in the LCL. This will be achieved just like Delphi via units.

Mattias