[lazarus] Updates

stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Thu Jan 3 18:46:00 EST 2002

Hi Mattias

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 12:48:19AM +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 01:29:58 +0100
> stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org wrote:
> > Seems to me that the fixes to lfm/lrs saving got lost again. It
> > worked well for me but since my last update the errors are there again.
>
> The fixes are still there.

You're right, I ran into another one:-(

Problem:

  Saving a new unit/form with a name other than unit1 will not always change
  the

     {$I unit1.lrs}

  line in the initialization section

Here's what I found out:

  a) It works only if the path where the project is located is also in
     the include path (Run->Compiler-Options->Search-Path->Include-Path)

     -> This should be documented or (better) the project path should
        always be appended to the include-path

  b) It'll only work if the file "unit1.lrs" exists in the Include-Path,
     otherwise the exception

     ### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found
     "unit1.lrs"" at Line=25 Col=7 in
     "/home/stoppok/usr/src/leasyroute/tmp/xunit10.pas

     will be raised.
     (Since this file can't be there as long as the project has not been
     compiled

     Here's some debugging output from a session wher I first saved a new
     form as yunit1.pas (without unit1.lrs).

<<<< snip
TMainIDE.DoNewUnit end
TMainIDE.DoSaveEditorUnit A PageIndex=4 SaveAs=FALSE SaveToTestDir=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=TRUE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=TRUE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "unit1.lrs""
at Li
ne=24 Col=7 in "/home/stoppok/usr/src/leasyroute/tmp/yunit1.pas"
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "unit1.lrs""
at Line=24 Col=7 in "/home/stoppok/usr/src/leasyroute/tmp/yunit1.pas"

     Then I openend another new form, created an empty file unit1.lrs, and
     saved as yunit2.pas.

<<<< snip
inIDE.DoNewUnit end
TMainIDE.DoSaveEditorUnit A PageIndex=5 SaveAs=FALSE SaveToTestDir=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "unit1.lrs""
at Li
ne=24 Col=7 in "unit1.pas"
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=TRUE
WARNING: [GTKKeySnooper] Pressed key (0xFFFF) already pressed (LC=0x40024)
WARNING: [GTKKeySnooper] Pressed key (0x79) already pressed (LC=0x59)
WARNING: [GTKKeySnooper] Pressed key (0xFFFF) already pressed (LC=0x40027)
WARNING: [GTKKeySnooper] Pressed key (0xFFFF) already pressed (LC=0x40027)
WARNING: [GTKKeySnooper] Pressed key (0xFFFF) already pressed (LC=0x40027)
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=TRUE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree A OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "yunit2.lrs""
at Line=24 Col=7 in "/home/stoppok/usr/src/leasyroute/tmp/yunit2.pas"

> I did not fix your bug report:
> "  - The lfm/lrs are not always written to disk although changes were made"

That one was from Marc. You already described the problem with multi-level
undo&redo and I know this is difficult. As a workaround we could always
save the lfm to a temporary file and compare it with the original (ok, not
nice but i should work).

good night,

  Stefan
Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at muenster.de