[lazarus] ppc386.cfg or fpc.cfg ?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jan 16 12:47:19 EST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:59:39 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, NORBERT ALLAIN wrote:
>
> > I use fpc20011216 and i have 2 configuration file: /etc/ppc386.cfg and
> > /etc/fpc.cfg.
> > Where is the good for fpc20011216 and lazarus ?
>
> if fpc.cfg is found, it is used. If it is not found, then ppc386.cfg is
> searched.

Strange. Under debian it was the other way. If both ppc386.cfg and fpc.cfg are there, ppc386.cfg is parsed. Hence, I had to remove ppc386.cfg.

> I don't know whether the lazarus IDE does something with this; i.e.
> whether it shows the settings found in these files (it should, IMHO).

The IDE will not change the default compiler config.
The IDE uses the codetools to get the compiler config.
The codetools do not read the compiler config file itself, but parses the output of a bogus compile with the verbose all option -va. This way you can install multiple compilers and start them via startscripts. The fpc-team can even change the name of the config file ;).

Mattias