[lazarus] Makefile updates

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:46:12 EST 2002

From: "Luis R. Hilario" <l_hilario at yahoo.com>:

> You are in the correct thing, but the problem is in the distributions of
> FPC (make.exe of go32v2 in the packages of Win32).

There is a makew32.zip file that contains Cygwin make and related utilities
in a win32-1.0.6 directory on FTP, so I assume FPC 1.0.6 will come with the
updated make.

> I sought and I found a very good make.exe
> (http://unxutils.sourceforge.net), but they follow the problems:
>
> codetoolmanager.pas(1352,50) Hint: Parameter SENDER not used
> 26935 Lines compiled, 10.2 sec
> MAKE.EXE[2]: Leaving directory `C:/PP/LAZARUS/components/codetools'
> MAKE.EXE[1]: Leaving directory `C:/PP/LAZARUS/components'
> C:/PP/BIN/WIN32/MAKE.EXE lazarus.res
> MAKE.EXE[1]: Entering directory `C:/PP/LAZARUS'
> windres -i lazarus.rc -o lazarus.res
> GCC.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or
> directory
> windres: no resources
> MAKE.EXE[1]: *** [lazarus.res] Error 1
> MAKE.EXE[1]: Leaving directory `C:/PP/LAZARUS'
> C:\PP\BIN\WIN32\MAKE.EXE: *** [ide] Error 2

This happened to me too, until I upgraded my make.  I've also recently tried
the new make_mingw32.exe version and that worked for me too.  I don't know
why you and Michael are having problems with this line.

> The examples compile well, but not they function (to should function?)

The examples function for me.  That is all but testall.exe and toolbar.exe.
There are some things that are still be a bit buggy, but I don't claim that
Lazarus for Win32 is bug free (it does compile, so it's a bit ahead of the
GTK-Win32 version at this time):
* Because of how events are currently implemented, OnClick on menus don't
work.  I'll have to switch to a better events system later.
* CreatePixmapIndirect isn't completed; currently all bitmaps are 1x1-pixel
black images.
* Adding a child to a TPage actually adds it to the page's parent TNotebook.
I'll have to create a workaround later.
* Reacreating windows causes an exception.
* Closing the window opened in messagedialogs.exe crashes the app.
* In comdialogs.exe, the clicking Save button doesn't create a save dialog,
though clicking Open does create an open dialog.

There may be a couple of other things that I missed.  There has also been a
recent regression of notebooktest.exe having pages added perpetually (until
it stops responding), though notebk.exe still works.

Keith