[lazarus] Win32 GTK Does work again!!!!

Jeff Wormsley daworm9 at home.com
Thu Jan 31 19:31:59 EST 2002

On 1/31/2002 at 7:28 PM Michael A. Hess wrote:

>That is what LCL_PLATFORM indicates.
>
>OS_TARGET is used to indicate differences in OS.
>
>The problem I originally indicated is that portions of the default
>makefile assumes that win32 OS will only every use win32 widget set. It
>needs to be flexible. As you indicated this will also be a problem if qt
>is desired for Linux.

Ok, so the core problem is the makefile.

The term LCL_PLATFORM isn't quite as descriptive as it could be.  The word platform to me brought to mind Windows vs Linux vs FreeBSD, etc. which is, as you say, OS_TARGET, which does make more sense.  On second look at the word platform, if I didn't know better, I would think it meant x86 vs. Sparc vs. m68K, but that makes no sense with the LCL prefix.  That it meant widget set didn't occur to me.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll return to lurking now. :^)

Jeff.