[lazarus] build error on win32

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Mon Jul 8 06:29:28 EDT 2002

At 11:17 AM 7/8/02 +0100, Martyn Ranyard wrote:
>   That got me past that one, but then I reran make and the following
> happened :
>
>Compiling ideprocs.pp
>ideprocs.pp(165,5) Note: Local variable ATEXT not used
>ideprocs.pp(245,31) Hint: Parameter AFILENAME not used
>ideprocs.pp(624,11) Error: Identifier not found GETENV
>ideprocs.pp(629,13) Error: Identifier not found GETENV
>ideprocs.pp(632,15) Error: Identifier not found GETENV
>ideprocs.pp(746) Fatal: There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping
>make[1]: *** [lazarus.exe] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/lazarus'
>make: *** [ide] Error 2
>
>   Now I'd rather not wind back ideprocs.pp to get the unit working, and
> I'll start grepping for GETENV, but in the meantime, anyone know why this
> might be?

Okay, I solved it myself, GetEnv is in unit DOS - when I added that, The
FindFirst Reference in DirectoryExists refused it's parameters.

So I changed the reference of it and the FindClose to Sysutils.FindFirst
and Sysutils.FindClose.

here's a patch (attached).

I am guessing it might be that GetEnv should be in SysUtils as well as Dos,
but I'll leave that to someone more qualified.

Anyway, I couldn't build without the patch.

Martyn Ranyard
Free Software Advocate

jabber - joran at amessage.de
icq    - 122500800