[lazarus] old delphi conversion & lrs

John August johna at babel.apana.org.au
Sun Jul 14 08:16:33 EDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:15:26AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:05:41 +1000
> John August <johna at babel.apana.org.au> wrote:
>
> > There are never any references to bcddisp2.lrs when I do an strace during
> > the compilation or execution. During compilation, a 'stat' is done once
> > on this file, regardless of the presence or absence of the {$I ... }
> > modifier.
>
> Hmm, I got a read and a stat.

OK, yes, you do get a read and a stat. I had extraneous .ppu and .o files
lying around.

> You lrs file _is_ included, or else the compiler would abort with missing include file.
> Can you give more details?
> Why do you believe, the lrs file is not included?

I'm still having problems, in that the structures set up by the lrs
file are not happening. Regardless of whether the { $I ...} statement
is there or not, all that happens is that the default Form1, unlabelled,
is set up, without any of the underlying structure. There's no caption,
you cannot click and get anything to happen.

Is there a way of finding out just what the .lrs file has setup ?

Two (possibly related) questions :

- If the files are named differently (case, using .PAS rather than .pp)
  in the .lrs file, will this cause problems ? Would it be detected ?

- Can you have a panel within the root (TForm1 / Form1) Form ? I have
  problems getting this to work, and I know the application wants to
  set this up.

Thanks,

--
John August