[lazarus] First contact

Jacques icsd.jt at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 10 02:28:16 EDT 2002

Hello
first, excuse my bad English, I am French and I speak only a
littleyour language.I have just discovered with
pleasure the lazarus project :
Can it be regarded as a complete alternative in Delphi and
kilix ?
Which are the possibilities of connection to the most
popular SGBD ?
I use Interbase / Firebird .
Is now or for the future a french version avalaible
?
I currently work with Jbuilder (Version 5 perhaps 7),
I have programmed
a long time with  Pascal
(P-System UCSD and Borland Turbo Pascal) but
I never used Delphi :

Do you think  I can use Lazarus easily and quickly
?
Thank you very much to answer me with short
sentences.

Jacques