[lazarus] About compatibility???

Matjaz Mihelic matooo at email.si
Thu Mar 7 19:49:51 EST 2002

Kevin Berry wrote:
20020307225752.64226.qmail at web10907.mail.yahoo.com">
   Agree with you 100%.
    Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

[...snip...]
I don't think we will add a preprocessor to the compiler; macroitis is a
serious disease of C and should be kept as far from the language as
possible, however I see no reason why an editor could not pipe each file
through a preprocessor before feeding it to the compiler. What is more, in
an IDE, the preprocessor could be specified - making it a more powerful tool
than integrating the preprocessor in the compiler. On top, it should not
be hard to add.

Michael.

    Do You Yahoo!?
 Try FREE Yahoo! Mail -
the world's greatest free email!
Agree with that too. Option to specify preprocesor from IDE is usefull enough,
but I'm sorry you sounded like it already is possible? Is it???

matjaz