[lazarus] Proper Lazarus installation

Michal Bukovjan bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz
Tue May 21 03:23:51 EDT 2002

Stefan. Hille wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 06:02:12PM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 20 May 2002 16:46:32 +0200 Satan <das-ende-ist-nah at gmx.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>and what about the ppu/o files (if they will be in one directory) in
>>>/usr/lib/lazarus and the rest including source in /usr/share/lazarus?
>>>

>>Sounds good to me.
>>

>Also too me.
>Is anybody familiar with Linux Filesystem Standard? Think the suggested
>layout would comply with it but I'm not sure.

These locations should only be used for .RPM package (even though this
RPM would not be a part of the distro.

Locally compiled stuff should always default to /usr/local/share and
/usr/local/lib respectively.

BTW, even the RPM should install to /usr/local/* (by FHS), as it is not
a vendor supplied package (but it is too common to install just to /usr).

For more info, see http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

Michal