[lazarus] Compile error control.inc (ssQuad / ssTriple)

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed May 22 05:50:14 EDT 2002

+ From: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]On
+ Behalf Of Stefan. Hille
+ Sent: dinsdag 21 mei 2002 1:33
+
+ Hi
+
+ On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
+ > On Mon, 20 May 2002 11:36:48 +0200 Mattias Gaertner
+ > <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
+ >
+ > I just checked. You are right. They are all beta and all of them do not
+ > contain the patch. Mysterious. I have readded compiler directives. This
+ > time for 1.0.7.
+ > Probably we must once again start building our own compiler.
+
+ Don't think we should do this until there are must-have features missing.
+ IMHO this one is only a nice-to-have feature and the ifdef solution should
+ be ok as long as we're far away from 1.0. Building our own compiler
+ would require resources (build, maintain, *document*)  we can better spend
+ on our own code.

Building our own here is nothing more that use a stable FPC compiler and add
the patches which are not in it. Like the patches Mattias is missing, I've
the idea that the fix for #1888 isn't included as well. That one is a really
pain if you've to work around it.
Something about #1888
  Symptoms are compile and everything seems to work OK, change
  just a bit so some unit gets recompiled or things are linked
  differently -> Form streaming produces an AV, change something
  else and it works probably. One can work around this by
  publishing most used properties (left, top, height, width,
  caption etc) again in a derived form class.

If in the final FPC 1.0.6 those patches are missing, then I vote for using a
stable 1.0.7

Marc