[lazarus] At last, it is usable. Great

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu May 23 05:12:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002 12:25:41 +0400
"÷ÁÓÉÌÉÊ" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> OK, it's now usable. Components, events and installation are ok.

The form editing is not really usable.
I'm currently fixing the mouse coords and mouse capturing. Then I will implement/repair the form editing.

> Another
> great advantage - it uses official fpc version.

see thread "Compile error"

> Some disadvantages:
> 1. There is no patching system as an alternative of CVS. Might be, I'll
> make such inofficial system.

How will this work?

> 2. Absence of  TScrollBox is one of the greatest problems
> 3. TPicture.LoadFromFile fails in bitmap.inc,pixmap.inc... I'll try to
> find a bug.

The graphics are still not implemented. You can only load xpm.

> 4. Running+debugging is not supported. Is somewhat about xxgdb including
> so difficult?

Debugging works. It's not complete, but it is sufficient for small programs. Since it is under development it is deactivated by default. You can activate it via
Environment->General->Files->Debugger Type and Path
e.g.: GNU debugger (gdb), /usr/bin/gdb
Debugging will not work with launching applications.

>   Or (idea!) just lighting run-time error line? Besides, it is not a
> great problem

Therefore it's already there. :)

> 5. A number of unical units make lcl incompartible both with vcl and
> clx.

True.
But for several reasons 100% vcl compatibility is impossible.
So, eventually lazarus will provide some tools to automatically add the needed IFDEFs to delphi units and create the lfm files.

Mattias