[lazarus] New Win32 binary available

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 11:49:07 EDT 2002

Yesterday, I installed the latest binary version (from October 31, 2001)
to see how outdated it was.  All I can say is Yikes!  Most of the
examples rose an exception before doing anything.

In any case, I've created a new binary [
http://zooplah.dyndns.org/prog/lazarus/lazarus_setup.exe ] for download.
  The IDE still doesn't work (surprise, surprise), but most of the
examples work, the EXE now has the new icon, the setup program is about
2 MB smaller, etc.

I'm keeping everything as open source as possible.  The setup program
was made with Inno Setup [ http://www.innosetup.org/ ] and the files [
http://zooplah.dyndns.org/prog/lazarus/lazsetup.zip ] required to make
the setup are available.  The OS still isn't open source, but only
because Mr. Gates won't snap to his senses.

Keith