[lazarus] Printers unit

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Fri Nov 8 04:21:24 EST 2002

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+
+ On 07 Nov 2002 11:45:23 -0600
+ Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:
+
+ > On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 10:31, andrew johnson wrote:
+ >
+ > > yes you definitely should use Pen's and Brush's,
+ >
+ > I was afraid you were going to say that.  The problem is I don't
+ > understand why a Pen or Brush is so... convoluted.  Like, why is it a
+ > TPersistent?  What advantage is that over just a plain TObject...?
+
+ TPersistent is compiled with the $M+ compiler directive and supports RTTI.
+ In other words: It is streamable and can be used in the object inspector.
+ More words: Delphi compatibility.

Another thing is, you can assign a TPersistent to another (of the same type)
TPersistent

Like MyBrush.Assign(MyDefaultBrush)

Marc