[lazarus] Bug of TListView

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 9 10:03:43 EST 2002

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:58:33 +0300
"Vasily I. Volchenko" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> As it was said, my program generates a lot of unreleased DCs. But
> TListView seems to do so anyway.
> I tested it the following way: form with listview, button. bitbtn and
> imagelist.
> On creation: imagelist loads bitmap from fitbtn (kind=abort). Then on
> button click an item with image is added.
> Each image occupies 1 unreleased dc and 6 gdiobjects (as I remember).
> Without images all works OK.

I have fixed the unreleased DCs.
But TCustomImageList and TBitmap are not complete and so you can't do
everything that you can do under Delphi. We have still no resource
management. And transparent icons need some tricks.
We can't copy the VCL code, because this is very win32 specific (and also
not very fast).
I can't say, when this will be implemented. I'm currently busy with the IDE
idle tasks.

Mattias