[lazarus] Add lcl component

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 11 13:25:38 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:15:10 +0100
"Marc Weustink" <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

> + From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
> +
> + On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:54:28 +0300
> + Àíäðåé Âåëèêîðåä÷àíèí <andrew at rodtext.indi.ru> wrote:
> +
> + > Hi, All!
> + >
> + > I download lcl component "TCheckbook" as "checkbook.pas" file. What I
> + > mast be do for include this component in component tool bar?

The IDE now supports custom components. See the files in the new
components/custom directory.
For example TCheckBook:
1. rename or copy customidecomps.pas.template to customidecomps.pas.
2. Add ',checkbook' to the uses section and
   RegisterComponent('Extra','CheckBook',TCheckBook);
   to the regististration procedure.
3. Add -dCustomIDEComps to the build options and rebuilt lazarus.

That's all.
But you should wait with TCheckBook till Tony has tested it himself.
There are some differences between a component in normal mode and in design
mode.

Mattias