[lazarus] Unable to build Lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 12 05:54:07 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:57:15 +0800
Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:

> At 11:47 PM 11/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >well since I can only guess at what might be causing the problems. I
> >would suggest trying what I told David:
>
> It's compiler related.
> 2002/7/24 works fine
> Latest CVS causes the problem.

It's known, that fpc has problems converting 'array of const' parameters to
different calling conventions. But it seems, that there is also a problem
with converting 'array of' parameters.
So, I have defined a laz_gdk_gc_set_dashes external procedure that uses a
Pgint8 instead of an 'array of gint8'.
You should now be able to compile lazarus.

Perhaps this should be changed in the gdkmain.pp of the fpc package. IMO a
pointer makes here more sense anyway.

Mattias