[lazarus] Add lcl component

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 12 11:42:22 EST 2002

On 12 Nov 2002 10:27:50 -0600
Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> Now is there anything we can do to make it easier to compile the lazres
> utility, like maybe make it compile along with the IDE?
>
> I always have to go hunting for the README on how to compile it...

In the last two years the lazres tool needed only three times to be
recompiled. So, this is not a very common task.
I planned to add the compilation as an example for an external tool:

Tools -> configure custom tools:
Click 'Add' button.

Title:             build lazres tool
Programfilename:   $(CompPath)
Parameters:        -Fu$(LazarusDir)/lcl/units lazres.pp
Working Directory: $(LazarusDir)/tools

  Check: Scan output for Free Pascal compiler messages

I will add a lazres.lpi file, so that people can just open it and press
Ctrl+F9.

The best solution for resources is of course, when someone writes a resource
editor.

Mattias