[lazarus] Bug with TNoteBook with designe mode

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 12 11:56:34 EST 2002

On 12 Nov 2002 10:56:59 -0600
Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 10:10, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:02:46 +0300
> > ?????? ?????????????? <andrew at rodtext.indi.ru> wrote:
> >
> > > When I create label on TPage in design mode I click on TPage, but
> > > TLabel create on main window under TNoteBook. :(
> >
> > fixed.
>
> Is it possible that it's actually broke worse?  Realize I haven't
> updated in a couple of weeks, but I just updated and my TNotebook is
> gone from design mode.  CBTracker won't open properly because it says it
> can't find the TPage component class.

That exactly was the error.

> I tried a clean build on both the IDE and the LCL to no avail...

Somehow my connection to the cvs.freepascal.org today is slow like a snail
and sometimes it simply times out. I started the cvs commit and sent the
mail. Normally the lazarus list is much slower than the cvs.freepascal.org.
But not today. Don't know why.

> In the console I get:
> [TJITForms.ReaderFindComponentClass] 'TPAGE' is unregistered
> [TJITForms.ReaderError] "Class TPAGE not found" ignoring=FALSE
>
> But the TPage class exists in the extctrls.pp file, and extctrls is in
> my uses clause.

FYI, for the IDE it does not matter, that some classes exists in sourcecode.
A class must be registered in otder to find the RTTI for the class.

Mattias