[lazarus] Component palette woes - corrupting some resource?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Nov 14 00:37:45 EST 2002

I've created a ESD Sound component that you can drop on a form for sound
support.

It works great on a simple application, however when used on CheckBook
Tracker, weird stuff happens.

After dropping on the form and recompiling the app, the FrmMain variable
is undefined when FrmMain.OnCreate is called.  As you might imagine,
this causes many woes for me.

If you delete the TESDSound from the form, remove the uses reference and
recompile, the application STILL fails.  It's like something gets
corrupted inside the form resource.

Here's a link to sample code:
http://members.telocity.com/~tonymaro/cbbad.tgz  Download size is about
360k - all source, I removed the exe, graphics and temp files.

Install the TESDSound component into Lazarus then compile cbtracker as
is, and run the app.  Should work fine...

Drop the sound control on the main form (FrmMain) and then just
recompile and try to run.

The sound component to install into Lazarus is in cbtracker/esdsound

The sound control works just fine on a simple application.  If you
create a new blank app, drop it in and use it there's no problems.  I'm
thinking there's something about shoving too many controls into a form
resource that's causing the problem maybe...  Also, I know the control
works fine, because if you just create it at runtime without ever
dropping it on the main form it works just fine.  I've tested it both
with and without the icon resource, and it corrupts the app either way.

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net
http://tony.maro.net/

ERROR !
A serious problem has been detected in your Windows operating system!
Please insert Linux-Mandrake Installation CD and click REBOOT to resolve
this problem.