[lazarus] Win32 Lazarus

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Nov 14 05:30:48 EST 2002

+ From: hjamilis [mailto:hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar]
+
+ Hi,
+
+ I am trying to help in the development of the win32 stuff of lcl
+ and lazarus.
+
+ But, as a starting point, I want to be able to compile the Hello
+ World! program.
+
+ Today, I can't.
+
+ I downloaded the Lazarus sources from CVS.
+ I installed FPC win32 1.0.6 (complete). Then downloaded ppc386
+ 1.0.7 from the FreePascal site.
+ I also downloaded the CVS tree of freepascal 1.1 on other folder.
+
+ I edited the fpc.cfg file to point the include folder and sources
+ folders as I assume it should be.
+
+ Tried ppc386.exe hello.pp. See what I get!

[snip]
+ Compiling c:\desarr~1\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\interfaces.pp
+ Compiling c:\desarr~1\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32int.pp
+ win32int.pp(53,18) Error: Identifier not found CLASS
+ win32int.pp(53,18) Fatal: You need ObjFpc (-S2) or Delphi (-Sd)
+ mode to compile this module

Hmm... this should have been a directive in the source, but can you try

ppc386.exe -S2 hello.pp

+ Whats wrong in my installation?

You're running ppc without make. This is possible, but depriciated when
building lazarus. See faq for which fpc.cfg paths to add when objects aren't
found.