[lazarus] Custom LCL components still bugging me

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Nov 15 16:24:27 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 14:30, Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

> Wasn't there some problem with reading and writing of boolean properties in
> one of the earlier versions of Lazarus ? maybe this is still a consequence ?

Well, here's the thing though.  A form normally has it's visible
property set in design mode.  This does not cause "VISIBLE = True" to
appear in the .LFM though.  For some reason, my form has gotten so large
and the addition of the unit to the uses clause, causes it to decide to
put VISIBLE = True in the .LFM.  If I had to guess I would say this is
causing the form to be created at runtime a SECOND time, or somehow
causing the variable pointing to the form object to be otherwise
corrupted.

Okay, news flash here...

I just created a new application, made two forms.  Added no procedures,
uses, objects or anything.

Both forms appear instantly when the application is run. Isn't it true
that only the main form (first in list) should be shown?

-Tony