[lazarus] Custom LCL components still bugging me

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Nov 15 19:17:44 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 17:15, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> 6 mails in 6 hours. Not rude, but somewhat talkactive, aren't you? ;)
> Ok, I will refer to your 7 mails plus the two answers:

Haha - What can I say but I work things out verbally.

I was just supplying new information about the problem as I came to it.
Sorry for filling everyone's mailbox all day... Personally I have a fast
connection and my mailserver is in my kid's closet so I don't have to
worry about downloading them myself. ;-)

> This was incompatible to the VCL. I fixed that. The LCL now uses the VCL
> trick: First allocate the instance, then set the reference and then call the
> constructor.

Yes, that seems to have stopped the crashes I think...

> Visible forms:
> The form editor creates Forms with visible:=true.

Right, but what about the fact that this has changed in the last few
days or weeks... because now creating a brand new application with two
forms causes both forms to immediately show at startup (just tested
after updating from CVS)  yet rebuilding an application created a few
weeks ago doesn't do that if the .lrs file hasn't been changed.
Something is still a little wacko and it wasn't doing that 2 weeks ago.
I'm not positive if it changed sooner or later because I didn't update
my CVS for a couple of weeks until the new component install code was
released.

-Tony