[lazarus] Patch for the win32 interface

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Nov 15 19:21:37 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 17:46, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:11:49 -0200
> Karl Brandt <pascalive at bol.com.br> wrote:
>
> > I'm sending a patch (really 2) for the win32 interface.
> >
> > It Fixes:
> >   - the size of the forms (clientarea = windowarea, like in gtk interface)

Now, my understanding of Delphi compatibility is that clientwidth should
be the internal width of the window, and WIDTH should NOT and would
dynamically change if a user changes window border sizes.  If we go with
clientwidth being equal to form.width then aren't we breaking Delphi
compatibility in Winblows?  We couldn't do that in GTK because GTK can't
find out how wide a window border is was my understanding.

It's been a while since I worried about that in Delphi though, so
perhaps I have it backwards.

One of these days I've gotta reboot into Windows (if I can remember how)
and try out Lazarus in Win32 just to see how it's going.

-Tony