[lazarus] Compiling lazarus

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Mon Nov 18 15:21:00 EST 2002

On Wed, 1969-12-31 at 14:59, hjamilis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to have a working Lazarus on linux (Mandrake 8.0).
>
> I downloaded fpc from the lazarus page, and the sources via CVS.

I recommend instead that you grab the snapshots of FPC from the FPC FTP
server.  Check out my howto at:
http://tony.maro.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=1200&page_id=17

> Assembling lclstrconsts
> lclstrconsts.pas(64) Error: Assembler as not found, switching to external assembling
> lclstrconsts.pas(64) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

Looks like you don't have an assembler installed, and you'll need it.

I'm betting when you installed Mandrake you did not install the
"Development" options.

On my Mandrake 9 it installed "as" as part of the "binutils" package.
So, fire up your software manager and install binutils.[whatever].rpm
from your Mandrake CD's.

-Tony