[lazarus] Lazarus still freezes X

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Thu Oct 17 08:09:50 EDT 2002

At 22:55 16-10-2002 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I heard that Lazarus still freezes X on some systems.
>Has anyone any idea what causes it?

I only see it when I'm debugging (debugging a debugger triggers it often)
Other reasons to lock is sometimes setting a breakpoint in a mouse event.
That case looks to me that the (mouse ?) event handler is shared amoung all
X apps. If you block that, all other apps freeze including X.

I don't know if other events trigger this as wel.

When I kill Lazarus throug the console, everything unfreezes

Marc