[lazarus] Lazarus still freezes X

Tony Maro tonym at nlisc.com
Thu Oct 17 09:38:13 EDT 2002

Well I must admit this is one bug I haven't seen.  Whew - at least
nobody's going to ask me for source code to reproduce it!  ;-)

Just so you have a baseline, here's my system that's NOT experiencing
this:

Recent install of Mandrake 8.2 running Gnome but with KDE installed
All recommended updates from red-carpet
P4 2 GHz 1 GB RAM on a SOYO Dragon MOBO
Voodoo3 video card (my Radeon 7500 worked for about a week and then
would cause lockups in both Winblows and Linux - swapped with another
computer and it works in his - but I got the crappy Voodoo 3)
HP wireless mouse configured using "MouseManPlusPS/2" on /dev/psaux

gnome-core 1.4.1-1.ximian.5
libgtk+1.2 1.2.10-25.ximian.31
libgtk+2 1.3.13-2mdk
Sawfish-1.0-9.ximian.6

And my other system NOT experiencing this is:
Mandrake 8.2 as well with same exact packages as above
Abit KT7A-RAID MOBO
1.2 GHz AMD Athlon
Geforce2 MX 400 with TV out running true nVidia driver
SoundBlaster PCI 512 sound card
Memorex wireless optical mouse configured using "IMPS/2" on /dev/psaux

Hope that helps...

-Tony