[lazarus] Compile freezes up ??

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Oct 22 04:48:28 EDT 2002

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+
+ On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:41:12 +0200
+ Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
+
+ > At 15:48 21-10-2002 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
+ >
+ > >The interdependent units:
+ > >There are a lot of circles in the LCL, inherited from the VCL. I
+ > >think, circles are design flaws. And I think, they can be broken
+ > >without loosing too much compatibility. But IMO each of such changes
+ > >should be discussed first on this list.
+ > >Should we begin such a discussion?
+ >
+ > Again ???
+
{SNIP]

+ I mean circles like: controls.pp needs menus.pp, for the only reason
+ that it needs TPopupMenu.
+
+ I don't want to ignore the old discussion, but I hope someday the LCL
+ will become an easy hierachy instead of the furball it is now.

If we want to have a LCL that is more or less compatible with the VCL, I
don't see a solution to your given example. Sure, one can avoid this with
Interfaces (non't know if abstract calles would help here). But then we are
designing a complete new component library.

Marc