[lazarus] Okay, what else has changed in Lazarus?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Oct 24 13:15:50 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 12:11, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> I am not certain, but this may be sort of my fault. I changed TForm to
> inherited from TScrollingWinControl, like Delphi, and Modified its
> CreateComponent code in the interface to create a scrollbox with a layout.
> It may be that something between the two causes a problem. I will see if
> there is a workaround, or a flaw in my changes, or if this is something in
> the GTK end.
>
> Wait... I do have a thought. It may be because the scrolling label inherits
> from TLabel. TLabel has no handle in GTK, which means a call to repaint it
> DOES call to repaint the parent. maybe the flickering is only now noticeable
> because of my changes. I will see what happens if I modify the Scrolling
> Label to use a TStaticText instead....Yes that worked..

Well this means that if I'm custom drawing my form background in the
onpaint, yet have labels on the form, I'll always have problems, won't
I?  I don't mean just scrolling labels, but I noticed before that if I
placed a label on the help-about I had to make sure I called .invalidate
on the TLabel after every paint of the form or the painting of the form
would hide the label.  Perhaps it's a painting order issue with Lazarus
as well?

I'm not familiar with a TStaticText so I'll go delve into the sources
and see what you mean.

Thanks!
Tony