[lazarus] LCL circles

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 24 16:00:21 EDT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:52:25 +0200
"Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote :

>Hi all,
>
>After successfully breaking a circle in the LCL, I checked some other
>circles.
>There were five, that were very easy to break without loosing any
>compatibility.
>
>These are at least three other, which have to be checked:
>
>stdctrls.pp <-> forms.pp
>
>interfacebase.pp <-> Dialogs, Forms, StdCtrls, ExtCtrls, Graphics,
>Buttons

Okay.. The Dialogs is pointless. it serves no purpose as far as I can tell,
Stdctrls is used by the generic drawtext I wrote because of
DeleteAmpersands, this can be fixed by moving DeleteAmpersands to the
generic interfaces code. Everythings else is pretty much all my fault. And I
do not know how to fix it yet.

Basically the rest is used by my generic PromptUser & RequestInput forms. To
make Message Dialogs Interface Dependent,  I copied the code from message
dialogs into these routines so they could be overriden by interfaces, as I
have started with GNOME, and planned on doing with Win32. But for the
generic routines, I couldn't figure out how else to do them since the lower
level functions I would have used on Win32 aren't available, so I have to
use the LCL components directly just as in Dialogs, which of course create
the loops. If you can figure out how to fix this please tell me! Its been
bugging me since I did it, but I couldn't see any way around it, and still
don't.

Andrew