[lazarus] Anyone want to help with documentation?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Sep 3 17:18:05 EDT 2002

Mike Taylor wrote:

> Will you be moderating the edits?  Would be a shame to lose paragraphs
> because someone made a posting mistake.

That is why I really don't want to do it any other way then a web page
that accesses the MySQL database letting you add/modify the database
content. Then the only chance of a mess up is if two people happen to be
trying to add documentation for the exact same item. Not to likely that
this will happen.

Please note that each record in the database is down to the property,
method level. In other words you would be adding information for.

Buttons,TButton.OnClick

> Also, you mentioned that you would like to tie this to the IDE.  Seems
> doable in my mind if you create a compound key of say Section + Chapter
> + Paragraph - then the IDE can be linked to that key with bad sub-keys
> causing a rollup to a parent key.

Due to the nature of how the HTML files are created it should be easy to
determine which file to open based on the item you are looking for. At
this point I am not that concerned with working on this since it isn't
of much use until we have more detailed documentation available.