[lazarus] TImage not displaying image?

Tony Maro TonyM at nlisc.com
Wed Sep 4 23:54:58 EDT 2002

Andrew Johnson wrote:
>>I am unclear... did this exception occure immediatly on starting the
program, or on button click?

Okay... I checked the pixbuf version and it's 0.18.0.  I'm running Mandrake 8.2 with Gnome and keep my packages updated with Ximian's red-carpet.

I've got today's CVS of Lazarus.  I've got FPC 1.0.6.

I created a new "Application" project.

I dropped a TIMAGE on the form.  No graphic loaded into it yet...

I dropped a TButton on the form.

I added the following code to TButton's onclick:
Image1.picture.loadfromfile('/home/tony/test.bmp');

Compile and run the app... click the button and BOOM - it dies.

In design mode, I can choose the same image and it displays it just fine.

I am running Lazarus on two different machines (work and home) and BOTH do the same thing.  Of course both are Mandrake 8.2 and updated with red-carpet... could be a package in there conflicting?

The crash of the above test complained about line 12 of extctrls.pp and line 14 of gtkint.ppgtkproc.inc  ???

<<winmail.dat>>