[lazarus] Lazarus with mysql unit

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Sep 5 11:05:33 EDT 2002

Tony Maro wrote:

> Perhaps I just get all the weird errors, but...
>
> Has anyone succeeded in using the mysql unit from a graphical
> application in Lazarus?  I can compile a console application that uses
> mysql easily enough, but if I have a form displayed and use the exact
> same code the program dumps on the mysql_connect call (but only if a
> connect is successful... if I put in an invalid username or password it
> doesn't die.)

I haven't tired it with a GUI app. but I did have problems this weekend
when trying to use the MySQL unit. It would constantly crash on me when
trying to close the connection not when opening as you experienced. I
discovered that when I use the example code but insure that the
variables that it wants to use are global but not local to the procedure
it would work OK. However, while it does now work I do see one output
value that is corrupted which is a time value which doesn't effect
things. This time value only gets corrupted when I run the procedure
with the MySQL code.

So just to assure you, yes it appears at least from my perspective that
something is amiss in the MySQL unit.