[lazarus] Lazarus bug

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:04:28 EDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:01:34 +0200 (CEST)
"Javier" <javuchi77 at yahoo.es> wrote:

>Here is a bug which I reproduce every time I compile Lazarus.
Its not exactly a bug... more of a pointless dependency,

>I have checked directories configuration and everything seems to be ok.

The only way you can be getting this error is if Lazarus can't fin the fpc
sources. You MUST have the FreePascal source tree installed, and readable to
use the IDE for form editing, or any of the advanced features you might find
the Code Editor(Find declaration, Open File at Cursor, etc..) And you must
have the lazarus source directory pointing to the exact location...

You cant get the FPC Sources from any of the FreePascal Mirrors. Its easiest
to get sources from the tar.gz package, which puts everything by default in
/usr/src/fpc-1.0.6

Once the Source are in place, Lazarus must know where they are,  so the FPC
source Director option must point to this directory.

If you think you've already done all this.. and your still having problems,
its not really a Lazarus problem, but something with your system, or you
have done something wrong. :-(

When I updated to FPC 1.0.6 I dowloaded the full tar.gz package, and
installed everything, and I have never had this issue with Lazarus so long
as I  pointed to the right directory.

Hope this helps, but isn't this in the FAQ?

Andrew