[lazarus] TStringGrid

Mon Sep 9 17:28:44 EDT 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> >Did you recompile them using the new mysql unit ?
>
> Just a quick question, why are there seperate units for MySQL 3.22, 3.23
> and 4.0?  Is there no way to detect and use the appropriate server code at
> run time?

No, because also the structure definitions (records etc) have changed,
and we cannot change these at runtime.
If it was only the DLL procedure entry points, this could be done, but not
if the structures change. It's a problem that will occur with all C
libraries. Annoying, but nothing we can do about it.

Michael.