[lazarus] TStringGrid

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:19:34 EDT 2002

On 10 Sep 2002 21:18:43 -0400
"Tony Maro" <tonym at nlisc.com> wrote:

>One more thing while we're on it... I've noticed when defining my range
>I have to add 200 to it.  If I want a possible position from 0-99 I have
>to set the TControlScrollBar range to 300.  Regardless of total range or
>physical size of my control, I add the magic number 200.

Well that's... bizzare.. I don't seem to have such issues, persay. but.. I
am not working on such a control. The code thus far has been targeted at
TScrollBox, and future support for TForm.  So I haven't tried what you are
doing yet.
>Also, is there any way to define the size of the scrolling handle?  I
>assume that the TControlScrollBar.Increment property is what I need, but
>it doesn't seem to do anything.

do you mean the ThumbSize? If so, nope.. couldn't figure out how, and it
wasn't vital to my goals, so I didn't spend time lookig into it. ( I will,
eventually, maybe soon, but don't coun't on it....) Increment represents how
much it scrolls down by.. it doesn't apear to be working either.. Again I do
not know why... I will look at it later.

>Coding my own paint routines to display my data in a grid-like form
>turned out to be easier than I thought...  the rest of the control is
>coming together nicely.

Can you send me directly what you have thus far? If I have your existing
code it may make it easier to track down and implement these features in
Custom Drawn controls, etc.. it will certainly make figuring out the extra
200 easier.. and if I think there is hope for modifying it, I may use it to
start a basic TCustomGrid,  this way we can take those things which apply
from your code and add them to CVS, so that at least some of the steps will
be in place for a real TStringGrid.( I  looked around but couldn't find any
worthwhile Freeware Components outt here as they all inherit from
TCustomGrid)

BTW, within TScrollBox, I have AutoScroll, and Turning on/off the scrollbars
working on my system. If I get a chance to make sure it doesn't break
functionality, or screw anything up I will send the fixes in with my next
Patch.  probably over the weekend when I have more time.

Andrew