[lazarus] Opening existing project

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 11 03:58:07 EDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:54:29 +0200
"Vincent Snijders" <vslist at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am impressed with the progress on lazarus in the last half year. I want to
> use it more regularly.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to open an existing program (not yet a lazarus
> project) in the IDE? If I choose a new project the 'main' unit is already
> generated.

If you open a pascal source, lazarus automatically checks, if this is a program and asks you if a new project should be built with it. If you answer 'Cancel', the IDE saves this answer in the current project file and in future treats this file always as normal source for the project.
Some hours ago, I added this feature to the menu: Project -> New Project from file.

Mattias