[lazarus] Two FPC questions

Michal Bukovjan bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz
Wed Sep 11 06:11:26 EDT 2002

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Michal Bukovjan wrote:
>

>>Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>

>>So how do you these translate (Pascal) expressions with standard
>>(gettext) tools?
>>How do you generate .po files then?
>>

>The rst2po tool takes care of this translation.

I will have a look. If it can deal with expressions, I stand corrected.

>>What about platform independent .lfm files, that contain multiline strings?
>>

>This will fail anyhow, since you will get the string as it was compiled,
>ie.  compiled on linux will result in a #10, on windows in a #13#10.

I meant the sources, for IDE. But this can be solved the same way as in
case of rst2po.

>>But maybe I am missing something; maybe the issue is more complicated
>>than it seems. You are the wizards :-)
>>
>>Does anyone know how Borland handles translations?
>>

>It doesn't do any as far as I know.

I don't know neither, but I remember that back in time Delphi 5 was
supposed to come with some tool for assisting translations. But I never
used it, so if someone can shed a light on this...

Michal