[lazarus] Object Inspector

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 11 19:54:46 EDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:51:26 +0200
Michal Bukovjan <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:

> The object inspector does not seem to support displaying TPersistent,
> which is needed for TCollectionItems.

It is only needed, if you want to copy Delphis TCollection editor. IMO it is a very bad example for a frontend.
Every TCollection is a property of a TComponent. (Or a nested one). The OI shows the hierachy of each component and hence the OI should be able to show the TCollection as a property and the TCollectionItems as sub properties.
I have started such a property editor. But I'm currently working on the sourceeditor and the codetools, so I won't complete it in the next few weeks.

Andrew has started a TCollectionPropertyEditor in the Delphi way. My property editor lies below it, but is currently deactivated. The Edit function popups Andrews dialog, which supports add and delete in Delphi style. As you already mentioned, the OI must be extended to support TPersistent for this. Feel free to do so.

Mattias