[lazarus] CVS changes

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 13 17:59:16 EDT 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:45:06 +0200
"Michal Bukovjan" <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:

>Thanks to MoveWindowOrg stuff, I removed the graphic control hackaround -
>TSpeedButton are now drawing via proper mechanism.
>There is only some more flickering, I wonder where this comes from.
>
>Please notice that upon exit, sometimes the buttons are not drawn (this
>happened even with workaround). Looks like when we remove some draw
>messages, we do not do that quite right.

I am not sure if its your new code, or something wrong in my TextRect or
more problems with Clipping, but since your changes to SpeedButton I have
noticed bizaare behaviour with SpeedButtons on Panel's or ScrollBox. The
strangeness can easily be seen in TCollectionItem Property Editor, for
instance editing a Statusbar's Panels, when you move over the add button,
the Delete Button's Text is, well, clipped I guess to the Rectange of the
Add button. It gets even wierder. I had a Form with two speedbuttons in it,
and a panel with two speedbuttons on IT. After moving my cursor over one of
the buttons on the panel NONE of the buttons were updating on Mouse over or
Mouse click. This doesn't apear to a problem with just Panel either, as I
said, it also happens with speedbutton's on Scrollbox's, for instance one
button the caption completely disapeared on Mouse over.. and it was the only
speedbutton with a caption.

Like I say, I don't know if this is a problem in your code, or a problem
made apparent because of your code, but either way if you have any ideas on
this.. its getting frustrating as I never know when the buttons will work or
not, or when they will just act funny, and I can't figure out where the
problem is as of yet.

Andrew