[lazarus] Localization site

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 11:35:50 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:11:04 +0200
"Florian Klaempfl" <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote

>At 15:26 16.09.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:03:32 +0200
>>Florian Klaempfl <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> > seen fpc/powerpc gets working so a Lazarus for MacOS is possible for
>>Aqua
>> > the desktop integration is probably different.
>>
>>What's the status of fpc/powerpc?

>Things like complete support of nested procedures

This is def. a problem for Lazarus.. Of course the incomplete FCL is even
more of an issue(for OSX that is, most other *nix stuff will be minimal I'd
imagine), but I imagine once the compiler is more stable this will start
filling in quickly.

>and some other calling convention related stuff are show stoppers for
>larger programs. Of course,
>a lot debugging must be done which is a pain on my ppc box, user programs
>can crash it :(.

Well once it's a little more functional on the PPC, we can start testing out
Lazarus on Linux for PPC, and I'm sure you'll start getting all sorts of bug
reports back then. ;) I have a farely fast mac I just installed OS X on, and
I have Linux for it as well, so once it becomes a little more stable, I'll
start seeing how well the version from CVS holds up against basic Lazarus
stuff, linux first, then as the FCL becomes more complete for MacOSX I can
start testing it out there using a X-Server and the GTK libs. I just wish I
knew more about compilers and could help speed up the process...

Andrew