[lazarus] GTK+ Theme colors

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:26:06 EDT 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:49:00 -0500
"Tony Maro" <TonyM at nlisc.com> wrote:

>I want my new control to use the local GTK+ theme when it displays.  I
>tried defining colors for drawing objects using things like clWindow and
>cl3dlight but it gives me standard Windows colors with that.

>How can I make my new control use the GTK theme colors of whatever system
>the app is run on?

Just FYI, I have almost got the basics working theme dependantly,
clBtnFont, clBtnface, clBtnShadow, clBtnHighlight, and clGrayText work for
Brush's. Unfortunately I Have not figured out how to make Pen's work this
way yet, because Pixmaps are ignored by Pen Styles. But If I can get some
more of the other commonly used colors working, you should be able to get at
least FillRect etc.. to match by using these SysColors. I will also be
trying the same with background color and Text Color, so that Fonts and Form
Backgrounds will also work this way whenever possible. As soon as I get the
bugs worked out, I will be sending in a small patch with these changes,
hopefully by wed. which will enabled you to make at least some of your
component work properly without having to enable the newsyscolors flag.

Andrew