[lazarus] GTK+ Theme colors

Michal Bukovjan bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz
Mon Sep 16 17:50:51 EDT 2002

Andrew Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:59:15 +0200
> "Michal Bukovjan" <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:
>
>>> COLOR_3DDKSHADOW
>>> COLOR_3DLIGHT
>>

>> Shadow. The dark is top left, light is bottom right. Used to created
>> the shaded 3d effect.
>

> So what is the dif. between these and BTN_Shadow/BTN_Highlight??
> If there isn't any they are easily mapped!
>
>> I recommend you look into Kylix help file. They introduced a concept
>> of ColorGroups and ColorRoles, and somehow remade mappings for color.
>> I attach for your reference TColor, TColorGroup and TColorRole from
>> Kylix 1 Help file.
>

> Granted this way makes more sense for GTK/QT/X, but for Win32 I don't
> think it would make as much sense yet.. not until a good portion of
> the Win32 is done and we can start redesigning Lazarus colors etc..
> based on what makes most sense for everywhere. Until then simply
> mapping as much as is possible to Win32 colors makes most sense, esp.
> because most programs to be ported will be from Delphi not Kylix, and
> therefore will expect it that way.

Sure, I just thought we should perhaps design or create the
compatibility with Kylix in mind.
Isn't it true that Delphi 6/7 is compatible with Kylix (i.e. in case of
colors they use the Kylix/CLX design), and therefore if we stick to
pre-Kylix (Windows only) design, we will be obsolete by the time of release?

I don't know; perhaps someone coding in Delphi 6/7 could shed a light on
this?

Michal