[lazarus] building lazarus

Joris Spriet joris_spriet at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 09:15:43 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'd like to build the lazarus IDE from a snapshot I
downloaded, but I get the following error when I do a
make:

"You need the GNU utils package to use this Makefile"

What in heavens name is the GNU utils package.  I
downloaded the latest fpc 1.0.6 completely, and did a
full install.  Furthermore, I downloaded and installed
some GNU file utilities from a freepascal ftp mirror
site - I assume this is what is meant by "GNU utils
package".

Any pointers on what to do next ?  From what I read in
the mailing list archives, I must be the only one not
succeeding in doing a make.  The error message is
frustratingly unclear to me.

Tia,

Joris Spriet
a pascal/Delphi enthousiast.