[lazarus] building lazarus

Joris Spriet joris_spriet at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 11:04:28 EDT 2002

> The tools are in the makew32.zip package. It checks
> if it can find 'pwd.exe' in the PATH.
> If not then it gives this error. Also all files
> should be lowercase since the wildcard
> match in make is case sensitive.

Great !
The 'lowercase' thing solved it; I had mixed case
pathnames.  However, now I'm getting the following
message:
lazarus.pp(84,1) Error: resource compiler not found,
switching to external mode
lazarus.pp(84,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling
module, stopping
Closing script .\ppas.bat
make[1]: *** [lazarus.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`C:/Projects/FreePascal/lazarus/lazarus'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

I've got a program windres.exe in /pp/bin/win32 (which
is in my path) ...
What it is looking for ?  Do I need to configure a
compiler setting ?

Thanks for your time.

Joris Spriet