[lazarus] Edit text beckground color.

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:17:48 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:04:28 +0200
"Marc Weustink" <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

>I hadn't looked at Lazarus for a week, so maybe I missed something, but
>what is the reason that my default edit text background color is grey ?
>That is, the editable area. If the window is larger than the text, the rest
>is white

First off, what kind of theme are you using? I have implemented a GTK Theme
compatibility wherever possible. This means that the default background
color aka clWindow, clWindowText etc, is going to Match your themes almost
exactly. I haven't had any issues with it yet, however it does look rather
bizzare on some themes.(NOT because it is wrong, but because the default
colors look strange in a Text Edit) . For instance one Theme I have on my
system is EnGradient EMacs, where the Window color is light Green, and the
Text color is light Peach, which looks really wierd in a Text Edit,
especially given the other defaults.

I would suggest you override the default Text Background colors  with
White.. and the default text color with black. Which it should be anyway..
In Delphi the default color is always White, not clWindow. etc.

Andrew