[lazarus] io-bmp.c fails on line 282?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:53:37 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:49:25 -0400
"Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:

>I am going to hold off on trying to upgrade my pixbuf stuff. It is a huge
>dependency list and I don't have the time right now to mess with upgrading
>all of the GTK stuff required. So I guess I can't evaluate the app yet.

>However this is something to note. Since I am using a Mandrake 8.1 install
>it means that a much newer release of GTK is required to use Lazarus
>correctly as it now stands.  :-\

AFAIK, this is not true. the Pixbuf library itself only requires GTK+ 1.2.1
and higher, which is farely old. In addition to GTK it only requires 4 other
standard installed libs :

libpng 1.0.3(version 1.0.5 came with RH 6.2)
zlib 1.1.3 (version included with RH 6.2)
libjpg v6b (version included with RH 6.2)
libtiff v3.4(version 3.5 came with RH 6.2)

which I also believe are farely old(based on rpmfind.net).

Any higher requirements are as a result of the installed versions on the RPM
build system, so downloading the source and making your own should work fine
without any extra depends.

BTW these version number requirements are based on the new 0.19 version
source code.

Andrew