[lazarus] Exeception on loading Lazarus

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:49:52 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:21:07 +0200
"Vincent Snijders" <vslist at zonnet.nl> wrote:

>I have looked into it, but I can't reproduce this error, so I am not sure
>it is caused by my patch.

hmm. it may not be, but it didn't show up on my system till I had your
patch.

>I removed the build tools setting from
>~/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml and the compiler options setting from
>the lpi-file but still no error.

>The only way I could get an error is by removing both
>~/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml and ~/.lazarus.dci and starting up in a
>different directory.

Exactly.. This IS the error. Are you sure there is not another xml file or
setting being modified by your code than what you removed?

>I also have noticed that at times there are empty lines in the xml files. I
>don't know when this ocures, but it might have something to do with it.

it might but I am not familiar with the XML code, as I understand it, thats
another of Mattias' contributions, based on the orignal FPC version, and I
haven't realy used it much.

I will look into it and see if I can't figure it out though.

Andrew