[lazarus] Corrupted LPI

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:18:35 EDT 2002

On 27 Sep 2002 08:40:20 -0500
"Tony Maro" <tonym at nlisc.com> wrote:

>I also figured out what happens when the project file "corrupts."  The last
>few lines of the .lpi don't have carriage returns where they belong, in
>fact if I open it up in a text editor, the font color changes for those
>last few lines as if they include special control characters. I went in and
>entered >CR using VI in the proper places and the file opened.

hmmm. so that's one problem. I wonder if my corruption is when I am missing
a CR in the middle of the units section.. Lazarus will die if I try and
close a file sometimes, or if I saveall after closing it. This would
certainly explain a lot.

>Is there a possible buffer overflow problem with the XML units from FPC
>similar to the form saving problem we saw?

I asked Mattias about that when he first found out that problem, but he
didn't think it likely(not that its imposible, just unlikely).

Andrew