[lazarus] Using GTK2

A.J. Venter ajventer at direqlearn.org
Wed Apr 2 03:25:08 EST 2003

Hi all,
I have downloaded and installed the 0.85.1 lazarus sources from C.V.S.
built without a problem, and was able to do some basic coding. However,
I would prefer to use gtk2 over gtk1.
I downloaded gtk2pascal but I cannot figure out where I am supposed to
put it, changing the lazarus makefile to use GTK2 instead of GTK,
clearly recognises this, and attempts to build, but cannot find the
units (they are installed in /usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/linux) where do I
need them in order to use them with lazarus ? I allready have systems
where gtk1 compiled lazarus apps refuse to run (although my home system
functions).

While I am on it, should I be using a C.V.S snapshot instead ? What are
the pros/cons.

I am having some bad problems with the project manager, which tends to
mess up code generation when I use new project, application. Only by
copying a template project into a new directory can I seem to make it
work, but this is obviously a work-around.

Finally, how do I set up a TMenuBar component, I can drop it, and change
the few settings in the object inspector, but I have no idea how to
configure the menu items or create an action list, seeing as there is no
actionlist manager/editor to be found in Lazarus.

Once I am more familiar with Lazarus, I will begin porting all the
Jedi-VCL components I can over.

TIA.
--
Story of my life: "Semper in excretum, set alta variant"
A.J. Venter